Telehealth Services allow you to have a virtual appointment with your therapist over a secure connection. It is similar to other video calls you might have done before, such as Skype or Zoom.
Pine Cone Health uses the same platform for our telehealth appointments as we do for our online appointment booking, to provide you with a seamless online experience. The Jane App platform is an easy to use and secure system that is trusted by many health care professionals and their clients.
What Telehealth Services Are Available?
With your online appointment, you can expect to receive the same exceptional care that you would at our clinic. Pine Cone Health offers telehealth appointments for:
Dietician and Nutrition Services
Workshops & Classes
How Does it Work?
All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop or laptop with a webcam, and to follow these steps:
1. Book your initial appointment online HERE or by phoning the clinic
- Email us or Phone 587-855-5598
- Please note your credit card information will be collected at time of booking to secure your appointment but it WILL NOT be charged until after your appointment
2. If this is your first appointment, you will have the Telehealth Consent intake forms emailed to you, or you can click one the link below to download. Please take the time to fill them out before your appointment.
3. You must have a Jane App Account Created. You should have an Appointment Reminder email that was sent to you by Pine Health, it will include a direct link to login into your My Account area and get ready for your upcoming online appointment. Please go here to make sure you have an account created: https://pinehealth.janeapp.com/login
4. Read through the Tips for Telehealth section below to ensure the best experience for your session.
5. You can join your telehealth appointment at https://pinehealth.janeapp.com/ using either a laptop or a desktop computer. Once you have logged in, click on the Begin button beside your appointment. *Make sure you have Google Chrome installed as your browser.
6. Watch the following tutorial from the Jane App or read more here. If you still have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to call our clinic directly and someone from our team will be pleased to assist you.
Tips for Telehealth
Online Therapy is a convenient, enjoyable way to receive help from the comfort of your own home . With a little preparation, you can make your online therapy session go as smoothly as possible.
1. Get Ready : Schedule 10-20 minutes before your first session to review instructions from your therapist for how to access the video portal. Test it out to make sure it works before the session starts.
2. Minimize Distractions : Aim for a quiet environment, free from distractions. Notify family members and roomates that you will be having a private call. Ask them to turn down music and television so that it doesn’t disturb you.
3. Be Prepared : Double check your Internet connection. Make sure your device is charged and/or your charger is near. Headphones are encouraged for best sound quality, but are not required.
4. Optimize Your Connection : Setup your computer on a flat surface. This will eliminate shakiness on the video. Make sure your face is fully in the frame. A computer is best, but a phone or an iPad can work in a pinch!
5. Keep Calm : Tech issues are normal as everyone adjusts. Keep in contact with your therapist via phone or email to sort things out if you have trouble connecting. In the event of technical difficulties, please check your email and have your phone handy for us to give you our plan B system instructions (https://doxy.me) or do a phone call. We may be calling you from a blocked number so be sure to answer.
6. Get Comfy : Snuggle up with your favorite blanket, a warm cup of tea, tissues if needed, and your pet (if they are cuddly!). If your pet is rambunctious, let them play in another room to minimize distractions.
7. Connect as Normal : Look into your therapist’s eyes, rather than at the camera, or your own face. Treat it like a normal session! You may be surprised to learn that video sessions an feel just as personal as in-person ones.
Meet the Experts
We are here to help you grow your health!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Insurance Cover Telehealth Appointments?
Yes! All major insurance providers will cover telehealth appointments. This includes Bluecross, Sun Life, Manulife, Great West Life and more. If you have a different provider, we recommend you call them directly to ask if they will reimburse for telehealth services.
Do you offer direct billing for Telehealth Services?
Yes, we offer direct billing to all major insurance companies. Please check with your provider for individual coverage.
How Do I Know Who To Book With?
You can choose the service type that you want from our services menu. All of our practitioners in the Psychology, Physiotherapy, Nutrition and Speech-Language Pathology services are offering telehealth services. You can read more about them on our team page to choose the clinician that is right for you.
I don’t live in Edmonton, Can you still treat me?
Our practitioners are licenced to treat people in the province of Alberta. If you are outside of Alberta, please give our office a call at 587-855-5598.
Kids Between Us
Get in Touch
Please fill out the form below and we will get back to you..