Training and Certifications
- Lidcombe Program Certification
- Introduction to PROMPT: Technique
- Tongue Thrust and Beyond- Myofunctional Therapy
- Transgender Voice and Communication Training for Clinicians
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing
- Visualize and Verbalize for Language Comprehension
- Seeing Stars-Symbol Imagery for Reading and Literacy
- Touch Chat for Communication Devices
- Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD)
- Trauma Informed Care Certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Health Change Methodology Certification
- Indigenous Awareness and Sensitivity Certification
- Certified Clinical Educator with the University of Alberta Faculty of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Why did you choose Speech-Language Pathology?
My undergraduate degree is in nursing. And while I loved bedside nursing, I was hungry to further my education and find a career that would offer more professional autonomy and work-life balance as I planned to start a family. My oldest sister was a Speech-Language Pathologist, and I couldn’t believe that she got paid to play games and sing songs with kids all day, so instead of applying for a Masters program in Nursing, I applied to Speech-Language Pathology…and the rest is history!
What ages of clients do you treat?
I love to work with kids of all ages. I have extensive experience working with school-aged children, from kindergarten through grade 12, but I love working with babies and toddlers too!
Learn more about Carly
I received my Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Alberta in 2007 and worked at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Labor and Delivery and teaching prenatal classes to high-risk families. I love working with young families, so when I decided to further my education, Speech-Language Pathology seemed like a perfect fit! While working part-time as a Registered Nurse, I completed my Masters in Science in Speech-Language Pathology in 2011. I have worked in a variety of preschools, schools and communities with children aged 1-20 but my greatest lessons and experience come from being a mom to my 4 young children (ages 2, 3, 6 and 8).
It is my joy to work with families to establish and maintain goals that are functional and attainable. I love to find ways to make speech therapy fun and easy to incorporate into your busy life! Building connections with and helping families is my passion, and I am so grateful for the privilege of being a part of your communication journey.
Outside of work hours, you will find me outside with my kids and spending time together as a family. We love to swim, ride bikes, ski and go for nature walks. We are also Disney superfans, and can’t wait for Covid to be over so we can get back to the parks!